Monday, March 19, 2012

Back the truck up!


Let's say I'm driving through a packed parking lot.  My eyes are peeled, looking for that holy grail of spots.

I think I see one.

Could it be?

It's open.

I start to turn my car.

And that's when I see it.  A big, nasty, honkin truck taking up two parking spots. If it wasn't for my compact car, I would love nothing more than to back up and ram my car right into that truck.

But seriously, do large trucks/SUVs really need to take up two spots when it could easily fit in between the lines of one? There can only be 3 reasons this occurs:

1) It's an ego thing.  This needs no explanation.

2) Truck drivers are scared of having their doors dinged.  I always find it funny that drivers of nice trucks are scared of getting scratches or going off road.  IT'S A TRUCK! It's not made to show off its new paint job while driving 2 mph down a parade. It's made to carry dirt, mud, wood, kangaroo bouncy castles, you name it.

3) Truck drivers are horrible parkers. Now this I can understand a little bit if the parking lot is relatively full and you are forced to squeeze in a spot.  But what I'm talking about is when trucks are blatantly between two spots. Unless they are blind, this is unacceptable.

After living in rural Nebraska, and now in Tallahassee FL, I feel like I've seen my share of pick-up truck bullies.  If you're one of them, I beg of you, stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment