Friday, June 24, 2011

Half Booths

You all know what I'm talking about.

Those random half booths/half chairs tables at restaurants.  I understand the point of them is to take advantage of every possible space to fit customers but really, does anyone really enjoy sitting at these seats?  Every time I follow a waiter to our seat I look around to see if those half booths are in his trajectory.



Maybe it's just me but anytime I was forced to sit in one of these seats I would immediately gun for the booth side (unless I am with my wife, or several women).  Why?  Because it's the better side.  No uncomfortable chair, padded back, and no one walking behind our seat.  The half booth seats aren't even "separate but equal".  It's clearly a "Seat-ist" seat drawing a line between comfortable customers and uncomfortable customers.

I challenge restaurants to rid themselves of the half booths and create equality in each of their tables.  I guarantee TRIPLE THE BUSINESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment